Monday, August 4, 2014

I Am An Artist



Once upon a time I wanted to be a photographer.  I dreamt about poses and dreamy settings and ways to frame the perfect shot.  I took college classes on it and got some pretty promising praise.  But then I stopped.  I let fear guide my life and became a nurse because it's a more stable career, a more traditional route.  

Do I wish I had stuck out photography?  I don't know.  I'm happy with my life.  But for a while I've been shy about it, hesitant to tell people that I'm a photographer.  I feel like nearly anyone with an iphone can call themselves a photographer and it somehow cheapens the word, you know?  But, honestly, art is art. 

I look at pictures I have taken and I feel movement in my soul, I feel a calling, as corny as that sounds.  I love it!  I love convincing my friends to model for me, I love the form of the human body, the curves, the vulnerabiliyt.  When I can't find someone to model, I use myself or go outside.  I've been lucky enough to travel and see some amazing things.  But I am an artist.  I'm not scared anymore!  It might seem silly to you, dear reader, but it's not easy for me to call myself a photographer.  What if you don't like what I like?  But here it is.  

Without further ado, here is my heart, some things I have made permanent forever.  A tiny fraction of what I have stored on my computer from the last few years.  









No comments:

Post a Comment