Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wedding Planning!

Us in Arkansas. Marmie was such a good sport.  She's in the middle of a big move and still found time! 

We're nearly a month into being engaged and everything is pretty much done for the wedding!  We have chosen a short engagement (a little less than 5 months), so that's a good thing.

Our official date is: October 30, 2015.  10.30.15.  Isn't that perfect?  It will be in Arkansas, in the same town that I was born in.  We wanted a short engagement for a few reasons.  The first is simply because we want to be together!  Matthew and I believe in waiting until marriage to live together, so that's a no-brainer.  You know in the movie When Harry Met Sally, when Harry says, "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”   That's how I feel!  

Also, we didn't want our wedding to be too far into the holiday season, so October 30th seems perfect to us!  Not to mention that because it is on a Friday, we are saving about $5000 on wedding venders.  Total plus in my book.  


Two weeks ago, I had a break between my two work weeks (about four days), so Matthew, his mom, my mom, and I went to Arkansas to do some hands on planning. Even though it was a lot to do, we got a TON done:


Venue

Catering
Entertainment (DJ and photobooth!)
Cake tasting/ordering
Photography
Rehearsal dinner location
Officiant booked (My grandpa!)

For decoration, I'm doing mercury glass with flowers and some natural linen accents.  My main color is light pink.  The venue is honestly so beautiful that I don't think much will have to happen.  


For favors, I've already hand poured 100 bottles of homemade vanilla extract that my Daddy made, and Matthew's family has something fun up their sleeves too!  


We are so excited!  Everything is going really smoothly.  I went with just my mom to David's Bridal about a week after I got engaged and picked out my dress and its already arrived in store!  Our budget is on target and hopefully things continue to go so well.  


Things still left to do:


Dress fitting/alteration

Order veil
Order shoes
Finish DIY mercury glass project
Make labels for vanilla and apply
Tie ribbon around vanilla
Tie ribbon around Matthew's favors
Find baskets for favors
Finalize catering menu
Buy gifts (Mother in law, my parents, bridesmaids, groom)
Order flowers
Pick processional/recessional/dances music
Trial run makeup and hair (I'm doing my own)
Write vows
Print/scan old pictures
Pre-marital counseling

Not too shabby!  We are 3 months and 18 days out, and I'm not worried.


No comments:

Post a Comment