Monday, May 4, 2015

Skillet Pizza Pasta

It all started when I found a wayward bag of mini pepperonis in the back of my fridge.  

I'd seen this one pan pizza pasta dish floating around Pinterest for a while but when I looked a few of the recipes, they had a ton of ingredients and seemed to take a lot of time! This recipe I've come up with is genuinely easy and will take you less than an hour to get on the table.  I hope you like it!  I'm planning to take some to my parents house soon to share it with them. 



Skillet Pizza Pasta
  • 2 cups (dry) of any kind of pasta; I used egg noodles
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 package of onion soup mix ( I like the Lipton brand)
  • 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
  • 1 bag of mini pepperonis (but we won't use the entire bag, or even half)
  • 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

Before we start, if you have a pasta sauce or pizza sauce that you love, replace the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and onion soup mix with that instead. Hello, even easier recipe!

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Begin cooking your pasta. As your pasta is cooking, put the canned tomatoes, onion soup mix, and Italian seasoning into the skillet. This is our pizza sauce.  Let the sauce cook down until most of the liquid is gone and the color of the sauce is a deep red. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and dump it into the sauce. Mix together roughly. Top with the cheese evenly. Place pepperonis on the top of the cheese in a "pizza-like" fashion.  After the top is cute and faux-pizza looking, put the skillet into the oven and cook for 20 minutes. That's it!  Enjoy your dinner and impress your family with your creativity and domestic prowess. 









No comments:

Post a Comment