Sunday, May 3, 2015

Chocolate and Dr Pepper and Cherries all in One Cake!

 This cake is so easy. I try to take things for my work family to eat every so often because, guys, being a night shift nurse is hard. The cafeteria closes at 11 and our busiest times always seem to be the beginning of the shift and the end of the shift. If you don't bring food or have time to run over to the cafeteria before 11, you're sunk! 

Cooking for me has always been stress-relieving and I love sharing what I make with others. Cookies are usually my standard, but this week I brought a cake! The easiest, richest, best cake ever. 

Chocolate Dr. Pepper and Cherry Dump Cake

-1 box Devils food cake with pudding included 
-One can of Dr Pepper 
-One can of cherry pie filling 
-One tub of chocolate fudge icing 

Preheat your oven according to the box cake mix directions. Mix the cake mix with the can of Dr. Pepper. I found that it is best if the soda is a little on the flat side. Mix in the cherries. Cook according to box directions as far as time and pan size. Let cool, and ice with chocolate icing. Done! You're a brilliant baker! People will rave about your domestic goddess status! 

* this cake is soft and less "slice-able" than regular cake. Call it a cobbler if you want! It's a cake-obbler! 


No comments:

Post a Comment