Friday, June 20, 2014

3 Books You Should Read

...If you're a chick.  And you like chick lit type books.  And the south.  And happiness.

I'm a big reader.  I always have been.  My momma always said that her house would be a lot cleaner if she didn't want to read all the time.  When the Kindle first came out with an app for iphones and ipads, I was in TROUBLE.  Major budgeting issue right there.  (But how can spending money on books be bad?!)  I've since limited myself to one new book a month but these are three oldies that I've read in the last year that I would definitely read again.  In fact, I've already read the top two multiple times and I'm about to get started on the bottom one again.  Enjoy!


Garden Spells By Sarah Addison Allen 
“But surprises were nothing new to her. Like opening a can of mushroom soup and finding tomato instead; be grateful and eat it anyway.”
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman.  This book is safe for ALL ages.  
 "Cecelia Rose, she said, reaching for my hand, "far too many people die with a heart that's gone flat with indifference, and it surely must be a terrible way to go. Life will offer us amazing opportunities, but we've got to be wide-awake to recognize them."  

A Different Kind of Normal by Cathy Lamb.  *Tear Jerker!*
"A Different Kind of Normal is about a kid with a big head, a hospice nurse and a surgeon, a family of witches, spells, spices, herbs, a greenhouse, and basketball."

No comments:

Post a Comment